The most recent Hawai‘i Agriculture conference was held in 2017. The next conference will be held in late 2019 or early 202o. Stay up to date on conference planning and post-conference commitment groups via our Hawai‘i Agriculture Conference Website. Read more about previous conferences below.
The 2012 Hawaii Agriculture Conference held at the Hawaii Convention Center on September 20-21, 2012 was a success! Analysis of the registration information a good job was done of attracting a diverse audience; out of the 451 folks who registered:
- 25% were from off island
- 23% were producers (crops, livestock, nursery)
- 18% were involved in ag related businesses
- 8% were government agencies, and
- 11% were non-profit or industry organization reps
- 12% were educators and researchers, and
- 12% were students
Two grants from the University of Hawaii allowed 68 scholarships to be awarded that included 9 high school teacher-student teams from across the state. There were 54 speakers, 38 vendors in the Trade Show and 9 chefs and backyard demonstrators for the reception activities. The evaluations highly rated both the reception and the all Hawaii Products Luncheon.
A wonderful program honored Donna Ching, the Agricultural Leadership Program’s fearless Program Director for 25 years. Many favorable comments about the speakers and the session topics were shared in the evaluation. And while the overall rating were 52% Good and 36% Excellent lots of constructive feedback was received on how to improve the event in the future. You are invited to participate in the next event.
For highlights from previous conferences click on the links below. Please note some of these pdf files are large and may take a moment to load. They will open in a new tab and you may read them on line or download to your computer.
- Ag Conference 2012 – Leveraging Partnerships for Profit, lunch menu
- Ag Conference 2010 – Celebrating Change!, lunch menu
- Ag Conference 2008 – Growing with Intention, lunch menu
- Ag Conference 2006 – Maximizing Your Bottom Line
- Ag Conference 2004 – Changing Times: Enhancing Your Assets
- Ag Conference 2003